September 19th 2017, Issue #37
☽ ☽ ☽
VIRGO is that goddess of beauty in all of us. Truly, it is a good time to check how is it that you feel around beauty in your life. Does it sound familiar or you feel SO distant to it ?
You are the most beautiful being alive ! YES, you are that creator and everything around you is also beautiful. Now, you may ask How is that possible being the planet in such state and our governors being so … as they are. But the truth is that wherever we focus our attention, there is where we will go.
As we are on our 10th day of the #noncomplaining challenge we invite you to take this practice, and see where your life takes you. We assure you that when you STOP complaining there is nothing but space for Beauty in your Life.
(OH ! Also check out our NEW Video from last Retreat ↑ >> Press Play << It’s So Beautiful and a Good Preview for what is coming Up this Next Retreats 🙂
We Love YOU – Happy NEW MOON ｡ ◕‿◕｡
UP-COMING RETREAT !
FOREVER CONSCIOUS FOOD
VEGAN CHEESY SAUCE
I still eat Cheese, and this is not a place to make anyone convert into anything. Although it has been proven that the best way to take care of yourself and our planet is to commit to eating a plant based diet. Depending on where you live, you know which products you can get but if you truly want to add some flavor to your FOOD sans the dairy, we reccomend packing yourself a couple of (During your next visit to the Organic – Health Store)
Cashew & Nutritional Yeast BAGS because it will blow your mind the amount of things you can do with them, like this recipe here !
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) raw cashews, soaked for 6 hours or overnight in cool water or 1 hour in very hot water
- 1-2 small jalapeños (2 for spicier queso, 1 small pepper for less spicy)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup (20-30 g) nutritional yeast (for cheesy flavor + yellow color)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) filtered water
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- optional: dash hot sauce (like Tapatío) or red pepper flake
- Be sure to soak your cashews overnight in cool water or in very hot water for 1 hour before starting this recipe. Drain and then proceed with recipe.
- Preheat oven to medium broil and add jalapeños to a baking sheet. Broil on the top oven rack for 4-7 minutes or until slightly blackened on the outside. Wrap in foil to steam for a few minutes. Then carefully peel outside skin away and remove any seeds/stems. (Note: Be sure to wash your hands after peeling to avoid getting any lingering heat on your skin or your eyes.)
- Add soaked, drained cashews and jalapeños to a blender along with nutritional yeast, water, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and hot sauce (optional).
- Blend, adding more water as needed to create a creamy, pourable cheese sauce. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more nutritional yeast for depth of flavor and cheesiness, remaining jalapeńo or chili powder for heat, cumin for smokiness, salt for saltiness, or hot sauce for additional heat.
- Serve immediately. Will be fine at room temperature for several hours. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
*Recipe inspired by the jalapeño queso at Prasad in Portland, OR.