New Moon in VIRGO (Tomorrow): Planet Beauty | BEST Vegan Cheese Recipe + Up-coming Retreats.
September 19th 2017, Issue #37
☽ ☽ ☽
VIRGO is that goddess of beauty in all of us. Truly, it is a good time to check how is it that you feel around beauty in your life. Does it sound familiar or you feel SO distant to it ?
You are the most beautiful being alive ! YES, you are that creator and everything around you is also beautiful. Now, you may ask How is that possible being the planet in such state and our governors being so … as they are. But the truth is that wherever we focus our attention, there is where we will go.
As we are on our 10th day of the #noncomplaining challenge we invite you to take this practice, and see where your life takes you. We assure you that when you STOP complaining there is nothing but space for Beauty in your Life.
(OH ! Also check out our NEW Video from last Retreat ↑ >> Press Play << It’s So Beautiful and a Good Preview for what is coming Up this Next Retreats 🙂
We Love YOU – Happy NEW MOON ｡ ◕‿◕｡
UP-COMING RETREAT !
FOREVER CONSCIOUS FOOD
VEGAN CHEESY SAUCE
I still eat Cheese, and this is not a place to make anyone convert into anything. Although it has been proven that the best way to take care of yourself and our planet is to commit to eating a plant based diet. Depending on where you live, you know which products you can get but if you truly want to add some flavor to your FOOD sans the dairy, we reccomend packing yourself a couple of (During your next visit to the Organic – Health Store)
Cashew & Nutritional Yeast BAGS because it will blow your mind the amount of things you can do with them, like this recipe here !
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) raw cashews, soaked for 6 hours or overnight in cool water or 1 hour in very hot water
- 1-2 small jalapeños (2 for spicier queso, 1 small pepper for less spicy)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup (20-30 g) nutritional yeast (for cheesy flavor + yellow color)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) filtered water
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- optional: dash hot sauce (like Tapatío) or red pepper flake
- Be sure to soak your cashews overnight in cool water or in very hot water for 1 hour before starting this recipe. Drain and then proceed with recipe.
- Preheat oven to medium broil and add jalapeños to a baking sheet. Broil on the top oven rack for 4-7 minutes or until slightly blackened on the outside. Wrap in foil to steam for a few minutes. Then carefully peel outside skin away and remove any seeds/stems. (Note: Be sure to wash your hands after peeling to avoid getting any lingering heat on your skin or your eyes.)
- Add soaked, drained cashews and jalapeños to a blender along with nutritional yeast, water, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and hot sauce (optional).
- Blend, adding more water as needed to create a creamy, pourable cheese sauce. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more nutritional yeast for depth of flavor and cheesiness, remaining jalapeńo or chili powder for heat, cumin for smokiness, salt for saltiness, or hot sauce for additional heat.
- Serve immediately. Will be fine at room temperature for several hours. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
*Recipe inspired by the jalapeño queso at Prasad in Portland, OR.
Yoga & Surf TRIPIN’
Venao. Noviembre. 2017
Tomorrow brings the New Moon which means it’s nearly the start of the new lunar cycle. Use today to let go and release the last of any upsets you have from the past month. Today is the last day of the waning cycle.
Women Retreats 2018
The Virgo New Moon brings a sweeter, gentler tide after our big month of eclipses & the confusions of Mercury Retrograde. The Moon nestles between the warmth of the Sun and the blessing planet Jupiter. Both are expansive energies, they are kindlier and gentler than the powers that influenced us in September. The Sun is the spark of life, the creative fire. Jupiter is the wise teacher, the benefactor and in Virgo he acts as applied wisdom which heals. Venus in her own sign of Libra adds to the kinder, sweeter feeling and allows blossoms to burst forth after the rough winds of September.
It’s time to think about the little rituals of our lives and to practise them thoughtfully & with grace. Self care, health care, religious observance, meditation and yoga practises, a nourishing diet – all these mark the rituals lesser and greater of our lives and bring us good fortune if we attend to them; especially this month.
A NEW moon ☽ ritual for Tonight or Tomorrow Night
Creating A New Moon Ritual:
Gather Sacred Supplies: Your altar is where you collect your sacred objects — pictures, found objects and the like. Using herbs with healing or symbolic properties adds to your ritual. Stones and crystals are another powerful ally. Candles are magical, and in its form contains all four of the elements. A small journal on hand allows you to keep a record of your intentions.
Preparing for the Ritual: This is the most important part of ritual, since your commitment is the key. Take a ritual bath with sea salt to clear your field of any negative energies. Sage is an herb used to clear a space, and make it sacred for ritual.
- Light the end of the sage wand and blow on it until there is a smoldering glow. Use it around your own body, and in the space of your ritual. Clear your mind with meditation, using music or just quieting down in your cleared, sacred area.
Grounding: This is something that’s important anytime, for staying connected to earth energy. Signs that you’re not grounded are mania, nervousness, racing thoughts and the like. Too often we forget to feel the earth under our feet. I’ve mentioned Starhawk’s grounding meditation a few times on the site, and her tree grounding exercise is one of my own daily rituals. In a nutshell, it’s visualizing the roots going down into the Earth, through the layers, into the core, and then drawing that energy back up through your feet again. It moves through each chakra, coming out the top and down around you. Try this or another variation of grounding before you set new Moon intentions.
Your New Moon Wishes: After you’ve cleared a sacred space and settled your energy, you’re ready to set your intentions. Make a list of what you’d like to draw into your life, and Dream Big! The new Moon is a moment to conjure what seems out of reach, and creating the vision is the first step to making it a reality. But these are not just words on paper. As you write them down as intentions, you are committing to doing your part to make them real. Some call it co-creating, since you’re opening to universal energies to set dreams in motion.
Dreams of the Soul: Your intentions come from the longings that keep coming up. In the days leading up to the new Moon, give some thought to those longings, and see what images, dreams and streams of thought come up. Use symbolic associations to go along with your intentions. Weave in the element for the new Moon, and think about the houses and planets that are affected by it. For an earth new Moon, for example, you might plant seeds that represent your intention. Rituals are a way to work with universal energies, and draw attention to the particular life lessons, or arena (house, planet, etc) that it illuminates for you.
Symbolic Acts: Here’s where you get to be creative. If your intentions are to write a book, or broadcast your ideas out to the world, tie them to a helium balloon and send them off. Write them on a stick and offer it to the fire. To open to love, put lavender and a rose quartz in a small pouch, along with the qualities you’re seeking. If you’re inspired, add a symbolic act to your intention-setting ritual.
Keep them Alive: A big part of success with new Moon intentions is what comes after. Find ways to keep them in the front of your awareness. Put them in a visible spot, or keep them in your wallet. Make notes in your journal about your progress. At the full Moon , find ways to take action on those intentions, and celebrate any signs of change.
﹋﹌♂♀ ♥♡☜☞☎ ☏⊙◎☺☻
⤛ ⤜⤛ ⤜⤛ ⤜⤛ ⤜⤛ ⤜
We took the best articles and tools here for you so that you can take advantage in the best way of this great period. If you have loved this, SHARE THE LOVE & Forward this email to a friend
N A M A S T E,
The Yorepa Team