It is an opportunity to explore yourself through your practice. We are a busy people these days, with all the distractions and diversions that surround us, it is hard to look inward, relax, and fully take advantage of what yoga has to offer. A yoga retreat offers you the chance to get away from the normal routines and customs of everyday life, which allows for a valuable perspective onto ourselves.
Often, people have to schedule time off of work to attend a retreat, that is why they often take place in exotic locations, which allows for the benefit of a unique vacation experience in combination with deepening your yoga practice. However we offer retreats withing the Panama, that may be only a couple hours road trip away from the City.
Whichever type of yoga retreat you seek, we hope to provide that selection that meets your need at this time of your life. Retreat can be life changing no matter where they take place.
Yes! You do not need to be a yoga rock-star or flexible like a pretzel to fully enjoy a retreat. Retreats often vary in their specific yoga styles, and amenities, but they are often more similar than not when it comes to accommodating all levels of practitioners. What is more important than showing up limber as a cat is showing up with an open mind, ready to explore yoga and yourself.
Most do! Yoga retreats can be great for couples, friends, and families, but the majority of retreat takers go solo. The reason is that yoga retreats are by definition a get away. A retreat away from the norm. People who attend yoga retreats tend to be respectful, community-driven, and generally well centered, so its a great place to make new friends. It also allows one to find their own grove again, or just relish in being in their own personal space.
So seriously I wish I could always say that “we don’t need anything else than our best intentions and just GO GO GO” but the truth is that most of us, we come from the western civilization and we are very comfy when it comes to having our basics in the best places on earth. So here I gather some, stole from other teachers and managed to put a good list:
- A good inspirational book
- A journal to process and write down your thoughts
- Refillable water bottle
- Reusable shopping bag (handy for toting around odds and ends around the retreat center, or getting groceries from a local market).
- Appropriate clothing for the country/weather. Be mindful of local customs. Most of our yoga retreats are in warm-weather conditions, so warm weather clothes, a few light jackets, and swim wear is usually handy.
- A few changes of yoga wear – most retreats offer yoga classes at least twice a day (mornings and evenings).
- Yoga mat
- Extra yoga props if you need them (e.g., strap, block, cushion). Some retreats will have them but some are located in such exclusive and secluded origins that we are just doing Yoga around Nature.
- Good walking shoes for hikes or general traveling about. And sandals for beach destinations.
- Ear plugs
- A Cool Summer Hat
- Insect repellent
- Passport and copy of passport in a separate place for international travel
No more posts to load.
Load More Posts
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function split() in /home/yorepa17/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-modal-windows/public/public.php:103
#0 /home/yorepa17/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): display_modal_window('')
#1 /home/yorepa17/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#2 /home/yorepa17/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /home/yorepa17/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(2684): do_action('wp_footer')
#4 /home/yorepa17/public_html/wp-content/themes/blake-child/footer.php(470): wp_footer()
#5 /home/yorepa17/public_html/wp-includes/template.php(704): require_once('/home/yorepa17/...')
#6 /home/yorepa17/public_html/wp-includes/template.php(653): load_template('/home/yorepa17/...', true)
#7 /home/yorepa17/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(76): locate_template(Array, true)
#8 /home/yorepa17/public_html/wp-content/themes/blake/page.php(376): get_footer()
#9 /home/yorepa17/public_htm in /home/yorepa17/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-modal-windows/public/public.php on line 103